ThoughWorks is a software consulting company with offices throughout the world. They are prominent leaders in agile software development, contributors to open-source software (e.g. Selenium), and advocate passionately for social and economic justice in the work they do.
Position as Application Developer
As an application developer, I contributed to both web and mobile applications for various clients. In this role, I developed in Ruby on Rails, iOS, and PHP for WordPress. I practiced test-driven development and worked with Rspec, Cucumber, Jasmine, Frank, and Jenkins. In addition, I participated in pair programming.
More specifically I:
Added a feature to the Ruby on Rails app for RapidFTR
An open-source app to keep track of children during emergency situations
- Added a feature called “Enquiry” for parents to report missing children
- Wrote unit tests with Rspec and acceptance tests with Cucumber, which were automated using Jenkins
Fixed and added features to the iOS app for Democracy Now!
A non-profit, independent, and progressive news program
- Fixed issues with frame resizing and views on 3.5 inch and 4 inch devices
- Transferred entire UI code to storyboard
- Re-wrote audio player feature to resize correctly and update now playing title
- Wrote unit tests using Frank
Custom built a WordPress website and publications database/search engine for Well Living House
A research centre for Indigenous health at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto
- Created a custom, responsive theme based on client specifications
- Wrote plugins for a news slider and publications database/search engine in PHP
- Wrote user interfaces for navigation, drop down menus, and landing page sections in jQuery
Fun fact: I spent a week at Bitstrips pairing with developers on front-end bugs and helped to investigate unit testing for Adobe Flex apps.