Workopolis is Canada’s leading Internet recruitment and career transitions solutions website. Consistently ranked as I Love Rewards’ 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, Workopolis is known for its hip work environment and culturally diverse staff.
Position as Junior User Interface Developer
More specifically I:
- Developed “branding design templates” for job postings and employer profiles
- Re-designed the interface for database updater utilized by the software developers
- Debugged and updated scripts for floodlight search tags and RSS feeds
- Performed quality assurance testing on site widgets and the mobile site
- Created and updated websites for the Niche Network, Canada’s largest network of specialized industry job sites
- Designed new website for Workopolis employee portal (Worknet)
- Assist in migration of talent acquisition software (from CorporateWorks to iCims)
- Evaluate main website for accessibility and valid markup
- Maintain backlog on buttons and input elements throughout the entire website
- Wrote a training manual for the next user interface developer
||Job posting template for Postmedia||
||Job posting template for IBM|
||Company Bio for Canada Post||
||Nurse Careers Canada Career Site|
||Employee Portal Sharepoint Template|
From Adam Shapiro (Customer Service Manager):
Personally I think she’s great – super fast and responsive. I asked the CEAs for feedback too and they had nothing but good things to say as well. One said she can bounce things back a lot asking nit-picky questions but actually thought that was a good thing as it shows she was paying attention to detail. I asked her to make 3 revisions to a single CW page in the same day and she did all of them in one day (nuff said).
From Jeff Tolentino (Learning Consultant):
I’m somewhat speechless because it’s so amazing! Honestly, my eyes bugged out of my head when I saw your work. You’ve brought the 2 mock ups to life and added you own nuances that are so appreciated. You’ve done this in record time and your attention to even the smallest detail shows your care and pride for your work. I was excited yesterday when I saw your initial mockup and now I’m completely blown away!
From Carnaby Taylor:
Thank-you so much Julia. You have done an absolutely amazing job in taking the mock-ups and developing a structure well beyond what we had initially given you. I am so impressed with the quality of work that you have provided and the turnaround time which was so quick. This is extremely helpful in our quest to re-build out the next phase of our intranet platform!