I need to constantly practice self-care to stay healthy. Every time I get lazy or unmotivated, shit goes down. I spend too much time looking at screens trying to reaffirm my self-worth and assert that I should be valued. The work I do is very rewarding, but also incredibly draining. I’m tired.
Things I’ve done to get me started:
- Delete apps like Twitter, Facebook (but not Messenger cause group projects), and Instagram from my phone (also block their desktop sites during most of the day)
- Try paid online therapy (Talkspace) for more frequent sessions along with the therapy I’m getting from campus
- Go outside more, just get up and go when I’m starting to feel anxious or bored
- Set an alarm to take medication and log it
Things I want to do:
- Write for myself and not for the sake of promoting my work or being seen as a “thought leader”
- Journal more often with good old pen and paper
- Keep making art and music for fun
- Figure out how to properly sew clothing
- Say no to people who take advantage of me or who honestly don’t give a shit about my well-being
- Engage with people face-to-face more often
FYI, these lists are for me. This isn’t an “open letter” or “how-to” on how to live your life. If it happens to be inspirational or helpful, yay. However, that isn’t my concern. Sorry not sorry. Peace. Stay awesome. Stay strong. Give a pug a hug.